Sunday, June 17, 2012

Wash day

Good afternoon!

I spent the whole day yesterday debating if I should wash Saturday or today, but I opted to do it on Saturday to get it out of the way. I used my detangling method and here are the steps:
  1. I applied my coconut/sweet almond oil mix on my scalp and I put a mix of grapeseed and coconut oil on the length. I have to say, the grapeseed oil really made my hair feel really smooth, too bad i hate the smell :).
  2. I let that sit for a while and then over the oil I applied Biolage Hydratherapie Conditioning Balm to the front, and Carol's Daughter Tui Moisturizing Hair Smoothie to the back. I applied the biolage to the front because it was super dry and the front of my hair is doesn't tolerate any protein at all when it's dry, I also really need to finish this conditioner up so I figured why not lol.
  3. I chilled around in my heating cap for 30 minutes. 
  4. I then shampooed twice in 4 sections with Shea Moisture Moisture Retention Shampoo.
  5. For some reason, my hair felt hard after shampooing so I followed up with Aussie Moist and left that in for the remainder of my shower.
  6. After rinsing, I t-shirt dried for about 10 minutes.
  7. Then I applied my leave-ins (Rusk Smoother Leave-In Conditioner and argan oil), and proceeded to detangle when it was about 60% dry.
I've been using my detangling method for about the last month, and I can honestly say that I have noticed a drastic decrease in tangles, overall breakage--especially demarcation line breakage (which I have start having a problem with around 9-10 weeks post relaxer) and just general manageability. I am extremely pleased by this method so far and I think I will keep it up :). I do it once a week, and I see that it keeps my hair relatively tangle free for the entire week until I repeat the process. I have to comment on the condition of my scalp though; it has certainly given me hell this week. I think it's the weather, but after a good wash it's happier now. Cheers!

I really didn't do any styling after because it was about 3am when I finished washing so all I did was oil my scalp with coconut/sweet almond oil, put on a bonnet and go to sleep. I'm going out later today though, so I should probably come up with a clever style lol. I will def post that later, hopefully there will still be some natural light ;).

Thanks for reading :),

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...