This post is a day late because I fell asleep lol. This my last wash day before I relax my hair, at about 9 weeks post. Sometimes I'm just not sure when all this new growth comes in, but as usual it surprised me lol. My hair has been doing okay, my scalp has been a bit flaky but not particularly itchy which is def a good thing seeing as I'm planning to relax tomorrow. I washed and blew out my hair last night, in hopes of keeping the tangles at bay so no one has to rip through my hair while relaxing. Here are the steps:
- Applied sweet almond oil to my scalp and dry deep conditioned with Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils In Control Anti-Poof Moisturizing & Softening Conditioner (review on this soon, it does indeed moisturize, soften and it smells delicious!), for 30 minutes under a heating cap.
- Shampooed twice with diluted L'Oreal Everpure Moisturizing Shampoo.
- I then applied Aussie Moist and let it sit for the remainder of my shower and then rinsed in cool water.
- After rinsing, I t-shirt dried for about 30 minutes, applied leave-ins (silicon mix bambu/ogx argan oil of morocco healing dry oil) and detangled.
- I blew my hair out using the yellow bird hairdryer mentioned in a previous post, and after each section was dried, I sprayed some of the organix oil on my ends.
- After my hair was complete, I put 2 of the gray 11/16 gray flexi-rods on my ends, put on a sleep cap and went to bed.
I should be relaxing in the next few days, hopefully all goes well! I'm looking forward to a good trim, haven't trimmed since November... I think it's time lol
This is also my first wash day experience post, the ladies at Saving Our Strands are building a healthy hair community and I love it!
Thanks for reading :),