Sunday, May 20, 2012

Wash day + new product arrival

Hello there ;)...

On Friday night at like midnight, I decided to wash my hair. I don't know why I would ever do that to myself because I knew this wash would take forever, but I figured why not lol. I'll list the steps:

  1. Pre-poo with coconut/sweet almond oil on my scalp and avocado and grapeseed oil on the length for 2.5 hours.
  2. Clarify with Neutrogena Anti-Residue shampoo one time and then shampoo another time with the Shea Moisture Moisture Retention Shampoo.
  3. Light protein treatment with Miss Key 10 en 1 for 10 minutes with heat, then rinsed in lukewarm water.
  4. Tea rinse with cool black tea for 10 minutes, then put Aussie Moist on top of it. That was left in for an additional 5 minutes then rinsed out in lukewarm water. 
  5. Deep condition with Aussie Moist 3 Minute Miracle mixed with Roux Porosity Control for 15 minutes with heat then rinsed in cool water. 
  6. I lightly finger detangled while rinsing out the deep conditioner.
  7. T-shirt dry for 10 minutes
  8. Applied leave-ins, Rusk Smoother leave-in conditioner, a bit of Kinky Curly Knot Today as well as my aloe vera juice/water mix.
  9. I then air dryed my hair loose and tossed on a sleep cap.
 Here are the results...
 

I like how it came out. It came out full and fluffy but pretty smooth including my ends! Smooth ends from air-drying is def hard work lol. It felt slightly dryer than usual while airdrying though, so I sprayed it with a bit more aloe vera juice and put argan oil on my ends and all was well. I need to be careful with the protein though, I used Keraphix last week and that makes the hair very strong. To avoid protein overload I will def be doing a great moisturizing deep conditioner tomorrow as well as keeping up with moisturizing using Deja's Hair Milk.

Also, I was so excited last night because my package from Hairveda finally arrived! Their shipping is crap, but their products tend to be pretty good. I can't wait to try this!

Thanks for reading :),

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...