Sunday, April 29, 2012

Wash Day :)

This is my first full wash day update! This wash day actually started Friday night, and began with a pre-shampoo treatment with coconut oil. I dampened my hair with a spray bottle prior to applying the coconut oil, then tossed a plastic cap on and put my tired butt to sleep lol. About 15 hours later I decided to stop watching Netflix and start washing my hair. I shampooed twice with my favorite sulfate-free shampoo, the Shea Moisture Moisture Retention Shampoo. I then deep conditioned on damp hair with Nexxus Humectress for 15 minutes under my hooded dryer. After my hair cooled, I rinsed out the conditioner and lightly detangled in the shower. 

I then t-shirt dried my hair for about 20 minutes to get rid of the excess water. I then applied my leave-ins-- I applied the Rusk Smoother Passionflower and Aloe Leave-in to the length and pure argan oil to the ends. This combo after a moisturizing deep conditioning leaves my hair very smooth, light and moisturized. This is also the time when i do the rest of my detangling, I finger detangle after adding leave-ins to my damp hair. My hair isn't a huge fan of extensively detangling in the shower and trying to do that to dry hair just leads to breakage, so after many months i figured out that damp hair was best for me :). I also applied my 50:50 mixture of coconut and sweet almond oil to my scalp at this time, my scalp was angry with me this week so it needed extra love <3.
My hair is about 60% dry here, this is after adding leave-ins.


I then proceeded to let my hair air dry completely, and then I sprayed it with some aloe vera juice/water to make sure my cuticles were snapped shut.
The image to the right is my final result, yay my hair is back to being big, soft and happy :). Now time to go mess it up at the gym lol!

 What's your favorite moisturizing deep conditioner that leaves you with soft, happy hair?? 





Thanks for reading :),
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...