Monday, February 18, 2013

Wash Day

Hey all,

It's been a while since I have done a wash day post, but then again it's also been a while since I've had an interesting/amazing wash day. Mostly co-washing and styling, which is actually pretty boring lol. So I'll just get right into it...

  1. I applied sweet almond oil to my scalp, and macadamia oil to the length. Over the macadamia oil I applied the ORS hair masque to dry deep condition. I proceeded to sit under the dryer with a shower cap on for 10 minutes.
  2. I rinsed my hair in warm water and shampooed twice with L'oreal Everpure Moisture Shampoo. Why? I ran out of the Shea Moisture shampoo and haven't been able to find it! The good news is, this shampoo actually wasn't half bad. May add it to my rotation, cheers L'oreal!
  3. After which I followed up with Aussie Moist for the remainder of my shower, and then rinsed and finger detangled under lukewarm water. This combo left my hair buttery soft and tangle free, detangling after only took 15 minutes!
  4. I applied my leave-ins Silicon Mix Bambu and argan oil, then detangled with my favorite detangling combs. Seamless combs for the win - Hercules Sägemann HS5580 Styler Comb and Magic Star Jumbo Rake. Jeni of Just Grow Already and Ebony of Longing 4 Length rave about these combs, and their reviews are accurate. I've had them for months and they have completely revolutionized my detangling process.
  5. I then let my hair air-dry loose and I moisturized with Toque Magico Emergencia w/Avocado Rinse Conditioner. Now this is clearly marketed as a rinse-out conditioner, but it has no slip and my hair is too thick for that nonsense. It does, however, make a fantastic silicone free moisturizer, cheap too lol. On the canopy and most of my crown, I lightly applied the Silk Dreams Satin Smooth Hair Cream, which turns my new growth and texlaxed hair into silk and smells amazing.
  6. I then wrapped my hair into three large pin curls, put almond oil on my scalp, put on a satin bonnet and called it a night. 
  7. In the morning, I removed the pin curls and applied grapeseed oil to the length and sprayed the Organix Moroccan Argan Oil Weightless Healing Oil on the ends and nape to protect it from my clothes and the cold air. 
Final results:

 
This wash day left me with ridiculously soft, smooth, bouncy hair. It's shiny and flowy, i'm so hyped lol. There was only one weird draw back, I shed like a dog. I can't remember the last time I shed this much. It may either be due to the shampoo (which was the only thing introduced on this wash day), or perhaps because my scalp wasn't shampooed for about 5 days and was very itchy, and my scalp does tend to remind me that it likes frequent washes by shedding excessively--quite a reminder lol. Other than that I was very pleased. I also dusted a bit, so my ends are looking much better than they have recently. Though I have to say, after my last relaxer, my ends were still looking pretty good. I'm pleased with how my hair is progressing. Can't wait to see what my hair will look like for my 2 year anniversary!

Thanks for reading :),

4 comments:

  1. I love that L'oreal Shampoo. Use it more often than my KeraCare shampoo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. L'oreal is doing well! Their lines have certainly come a long way.

      xx

      Delete
  2. Shedding sure knows how to ruin a perfectly good wash day!

    www.savingourstrands.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously! I need to do a tea rinse to slow this down asap.

      xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...