Saturday, January 26, 2013

It's been too long...

Happy New Year all!

I'm horrified by how long it has been since my last blog post! I have been extremely busy with work, life, etc and I have completely slacked on my blog flow. Well, I've decided to get it back together and I have a few ideas for upcoming posts. I do want to first quickly update you guys on what my hair and I have been about...

First off, I am about 10 weeks post relaxer, since I have been slackin' on my gym regimen due to lack of time and I have been eating much less than usual, I have slightly less new growth than I usually do at this point, which is actually not a problem for me, when my new growth goes HAM it eats up a lot of time that I just don't have at this point.

For a few weeks (between Christmas and maybe a week after new years), I had the craziest dandruff ever. I first assume it was either product buildup or mineral deposits (I was visiting my sister and she has hard water), so I clarified and that made no difference. It continued even using sulfate-free shampoos, oiling my scalp and even just only co-washing for a few weeks. I also noticed my eczema was getting worse as well, and that's when it hit me, I wasn't drinking enough water!! So as a reminder, don't slack on your water intake--within a few days my scalp stopped flaking, the rest of my skin returned to normal and all was well.

I've also spent some time experimenting with other shampoos that could potentially replace my Shea Moisture Shampoo just in case I couldn't find it or something and honestly, I still haven't found anything even close. Epic fail :p. The only shampoo that I've tried that I don't mind is the Organix Moroccan Argan Oil shampoo, it doesn't irritate my scalp at all and it doesn't strip my hair, however it fails when it comes to detangling (and if your a fellow thick-haired individual you know detangling is a big deal). So basically the Shea Moisture shampoo is still king... lol

Aside from that, I was experiencing some breakage, so it was time for Keraphix. As usual, Keraphix stopped the breakage and my hair was basically on point after that wash day (2 weeks ago). I should be relaxing tomorrow, and honestly, it's about time for me to cut my hair. My ends are looking a little crazy, so I should be removing about an inch, the good thing is, it will be the same length it was last time I relaxed (around BSB) just fuller. I have about an inch of new growth and its not like my hair broke so much that I lost length.

In terms of styling, I stepped up my protective styling game back to about 70% of the time due to how crazy the weather has been recently. My edges started to feel tender earlier this week though, so I had to kick the bun for a bit so I'm currently rocking a flexi-rod set, which I pin-curled last night for comfortable sleeping :o).


Thank you for reading (and for bearing with me in my absence),

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh Jen, your hair is awesome. So long and looks really healthy at that :)!!! Gotta start tracking your secrets. Following you!

    xoxo Gozika
    http://gozikasjournal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...